The 8 Secrets To Happy And Succesful Couples In Relationships
Are you a happy couple and just love your life so much you wanna shout it from the mountains? Or maybe you’re not happy with your situation at all and wonder where you went wrong. Well here’s a list of 8 patterns that successful and happy couples practice. Check things off the list or take notes as you discover how you measure up.
1. They share responsibilities: Four out of five happy couples involve each other in most decisions both personal and those that impact the couple. Two out of three couples keep each other in the loop about finances and two in three split chores evenly. Personal note: if you share chores rather than ‘assign’ them, this can have the potential to go even further. In other words, there are very little ‘his and hers’ chores.
2. They are very active in the Bedroom: Three out of five couples said they have sex at LEAST twice a week and one in three have it at least four times a week, while 16% reported they do it EVERY DAY. Sex is like the thermometer of your relationship and is not the single cause of happiness, nor is it the single cause of unrest either.
3. They are all about PDA’s: When they’re not in the bedroom, they still touch each other whether in public or not. 69% (no pun intended with that number) of happy couples kiss each other and show affection several times a day. Don’t forget to send ‘just because’ texts and surprise each other with the occasional gift that has nothing to do with any holiday too.
4. Be honest: 70% of happy couples are ALWAYS honest with each other and don’t even tell little white lies. Imagine how secure you’d feel if you knew from the bottom of your soul that your partner was always telling the truth. Imagine how much better it’d feel to know your partner knows all of your deepest darkest secrets and still sticks around after.
5. Stay in shape: Personality is everything but physical appearance does play a significant role and is also a good barometer of happiness. Three in four couples say it’s important to be in shape and 18% say their partner’s physical appearance is the thing they’re most attracted to.
6. Stay away from political discussions: 37% of happy couples say they NEVER talk about politics . . . and another 47% rarely talk about it. Why? Because A) it’s really not is important as it’s purported to be and B) because it has serious potential to DIVIDE people who are otherwise quite compatible. Unless you area couple who thrives on this kind of energy, stay out of the political arena. Sidebar: talking sports will give you the same ‘debate’ rush but without the hard feelings.
7. Be the same religion: Like politics, religion has serious divisive properties if your views are at opposite spectrums or even a little bit different. 71% of happy couples have the same religious beliefs. This is absolutely huge and should be at the front of your mind when picking a partner. It might not seem like a big thing in the beginning but it can be the very thing that divides you two years down the road or sooner.
8. Communicate: This one may be at the bottom of today’s list but is BY FAR the most important element to be skillful at ESPECIALLY in disagreements. 72% have in-depth conversations about work, life and family on a regular basis and not necessarily always happy ones. Some of the happiest couples know how to discuss differences without allowing them to brew into fights. They view each other’s opinions as much valid as their own and feel closer to each other after every in depth convo, both upbeat and heavy.