In Honor Of Mothers Day Lets Check Out The Top Ten TV Moms
When Harris Interactive pollsters asked U.S. adults which TV mom they would have most liked to have as their mother when they were growing up, it was June Cleaver from “Leave It to Beaver” who came in first place — for the second time. And why not? Her warm, homemade cookies awaited Beaver and Wally when they came home from school, along with her wise kitchen-table advice to effectively solve their childhood problems.
Our top 10 favorite TV moms:
- June Cleaver, “Leave It to Beaver”
- Claire Huxtable, “The Cosby Show”
- Carol Brady, “The Brady Bunch”
- Marion Cunningham, “Happy Days”
- Donna Stone, “The Donna Reed Show”
- Harriet Nelson, “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet”
- Lucy Ricardo, “I Love Lucy”
- Samantha Stevens, “Bewitched”
- Roseanne Connor, “Rosanne”
- Michelle Duggar, “19 Kids and Counting”
Two real-life TV moms made the list: Harriet Nelson, who was the real mother to her TV sons, David and Ricky, and Michelle Duggar, who is the real-life mother on the reality TV show, “19 Kids and Counting.” Lucy Ricardo in “I Love Lucy” was the first pregnant mother on a television show. Among men, the favorite TV mom is June Cleaver. Among women, the favorite is a tie between June Cleaver and Claire Huxtable.