How To Make Dark Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Growing up you always turned to ice cream sandwiches as a nice summer time treat. Guess what? You can still eat them as an adult. Here’s a delicious recipe for dark chocolate brownie ice cream sandwiches.
1½ cups unsalted butter, melted
3 cups sugar
1½ cups all purpose flour
1½ cups dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 cup fudge sauce
Raspberries or other ice cream additives, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, and eggs. Stir until smooth.
3) Line two 8 inch square baking pans* with aluminum foil. This makes it easier to lift the brownies out of the pans. Pour the batter evenly between each baking pan.
4) Bake for 23-28 minutes. Cool completely and then freeze, covered, for at least 2 hours.
5) Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl and mix in the ice cream additives until well combined. Berries, chocolate chips, peanut butter, or candies work well.
6) Spread the ice cream over one pan of the brownies. Then, spoon the fudge sauce on top of the brownies.
7) Remove the other brownie layer from the pan and peel away foil. Place this brownie layer on top of the ice cream and fudge sauce layer, and press gently to form a large ice cream sandwich. Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
8) Remove the aluminum foil and remove the ice cream sandwich from the pan. Peel off any remaining foil.
9) Cut the ice cream sandwiches into squares, rectangles, or as you desire. Wrap the individual sandwiches and store in the freezer or serve immediately.
* I used disposable aluminum pans, which were cheap and worked perfectly, so don’t worry if you don’t already own 2 8 inch square baking pans!