How To Make Bacon Double Cheeseburger Dip At Your Next Football Party
Now last Sunday not only did I enjoy watching the New York Jets crush the Buffalo Bills, I got to chow down on some of the best football snacks around. We watched the game at my girlfriends parents house and we enjoyed bacon wrapped hotdogs, chili-cheese dip, and tomato pie. I’m getting hungry thinking about it. Maybe you need a cool new dip for your football parties, well try this.
If you’re thinking “What kind of dip is this?” well it’s amazing. It’s considered a hot cheesy dip with all of the flavours of a bacon double cheese burger.
Servings: makes 4+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1/2 pound ground beef
6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon ketchup
1) Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
2) Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
3) Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4) Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5) Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
6) Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
You can add lettuce and tomatoes if you’d like.
[via Closet Cooking]