Five Facts About St. Patricks Day
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. It is a day that everyone is Irish.There will be parades everywhere and of course the green beer will be flowing.Here are 5 facts about St. Patrick’s Day.
1. St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He was born in Britain however his parents were Roman citizens living in either Scotland or Wales.
2. Wearing green, eating green food or drinking green beer is said to commemorate St. Patrick’s use of the shamrock. The original color was said to be blue.
3. St. Patrick’s Day was first celebrated in America in Boston back in 1737.
4. The biggest parade is normally held in New York, while the largest celebration in the Southern Hemisphere is in Sydney Australia.
5. St. Patrick’s Day is a National Holiday in Ireland, a bank holiday in Northern Ireland and a provincial holiday in the Canadian province of Newfoundland.